Monday, November 23, 2009

Update

Oh boy, I'm really not doing very well with keeping a blog up-to-date!! :( Anyway, here is a quick update on our life since my last posting in September...

Ethan and I went on a Disney Cruise September 27th-October 1st. It was by far the best vacation we have gone on! We went to the Bahamas and to Disney's own island-Castaway Cay, where we fed (and then snorkeled) with stingrays. It was the first time I have gone to a place where you can see through the ocean water-it was so pretty! I took over 200 pictures on our trip and made a digital scrapbook of them. Here is the link to the book: http://preview.picaboo.com/Webview/CoverPage.aspx?album=000000000006808AC9&user=0000000000062A5BBA I hope the link works! I used a software called Picaboo, and although I really liked all of the different templates that they offer (and how easy it is to upload the pages I made in Adobe Photoshop), its not very easy to "share" with others.

Two weeks after we got back from our cruise, I received a promotion at work. It is a lot more responsibility and totally different from what I was doing before, but I'm enjoying learning new things and seeing how the business runs from a different perspective.

Ethan is continuing to do great at school. During our parent-teacher conference, his teacher told me that he is in the high percentile for reading-yay!!! I guess the Hooked on Phonics I did with him over the summer really worked! :) He finished up his first season of baseball and really enjoyed it. He had some friends from school on his team, too, which made him all the more excited for the games and practices.

I can't believe that it is already almost Thanksgiving! It's so crazy how fast this year has flown by. In some ways it feels like June was a lifetime ago, but in other ways, it has gone by so fast. This year for Thanksgiving, I am trying to start a new tradition in our family. A couple weeks ago I gave everyone (my mom, Dave, grandparents, Meg, Bobby, Ethan and myself) 5 index cards and on each card, everyone needs to write one thing that they are grateful for. After dinner we will all go around the table and share what we wrote. Not too many people seemed excited about this idea, but I'm hoping that it will turn out nice and everyone will participate. If it does turn out, then I am thinking of making a book of them so that we can look back on them throughout the years.

Sorry this is so short, hopefully I will be more diligent in blogging in 2010!

And just in case the link doesn't work, here are some pictures from our cruise!!




No comments:

Post a Comment