Saturday we did it - we sold my Honda Civic for a van. Although I was the one who wanted to do it (two kids in a Civic is a
tight squeeze! Add a stroller in the trunk and there isn't anymore room!), it was still sad to let go of Civic. I bought it in February 2006 - it was an early college graduation gift to myself. I paid for it all with my own money, every cent. It was kind of a symbol of my own 'real' independence.' Unfortunately, at this stage in my life, though, Civic just wasn't big enough. It had over 85,000 miles.... all but 81 of them I put on it. It took Ethan and I to Cincinnati, Ohio once, and Oak Island, and Myrtle Beach multiple times, alont with other trips we went on. It was a great car! Even though a semi-moving target for other cars to hit:( It sure was sad to leave it at the dealership, but I'm so excited for our van! It has the power sliding doors which is fantastic! It also has navigation and a DVD player (that we will
only use when we are traveling for vacation). So nice, and so much more space:)
No comments:
Post a Comment