Sunday, October 9, 2011

Ethan's Baptism!

Yesterday Ethan was baptized!  Sean and I didn't get much sleep the night before because Owen kept us up, so we prayed that we would have the energy to make it a great day for Ethan.  Sean made Ethan his favorite breakfast (pancakes) for breakfast and after hanging out for a little bit, we all got ready to go.  Earlier in the week, Owen and I went to the mall on a mission to find matching ties for Sean and Ethan.  It was so nice to see them in their matching ties!  William, one of the other boys in our ward, was getting baptized, too. The Relief Society room was almost full of family and friends!  My visiting teaching companion, my visiting teacher (anbd her family), some of Ethan's neighborhood friends...  It was so wonderful to see all of the people who came to celebrate and support Ethan and William!  My parents, Dad, sister, and brother in law also came:)

Watching Ethan during the program I was thinking about the first time I took Ethan to church and how much we have gone through since then... The Sundays when he was a toddler and "testing the boundaries" when I didn't think we would ever be able to sit through Sacrament without having a talk in the hallway to the boy he has become.  I am so incredibly proud of him!

Afterwards, we came back to our house where we had some snacks and cake.  Then we took Ethan to the church bookstore by the temple (in Maryland) and bought him his own set of scriptures (with his name engraved on them), and a scripture tote.

It was such a wonderful day and I hope Ethan will always remember it!

Today was a testimony meeting at church.  Ethan was the first one to go up and bear his.  He said that yesterday people kept asking him if he felt different after being baptized and that he did "and that I know it was the Savior."  :)

The boys before we left for Ethan's baptism

 Ready to be baptized!

Sean and Ethan before Baptism


My family <3

No comments:

Post a Comment