Sunday, March 4, 2012

Surprise Party for Sean!

Sean took all of the C.P.A. exams when I was pregnant with Owen and in September, he received his Connecticut license and his Virginia one in January.  We never did anything to celebrate this huge accomplishment, so when we received his Virginia license I started thinking of different ways to celebrate.  I decided to ask his sisters (one lives in Falls Church and the other lives in Richmond) if they would want to come up and surprise him with a small party.  They both happily agreed!  So the planning began!  It was just the three families, but it was so fun!  

Sean always asks me to go with him wherever he goes on Saturdays (except for the grocery store, because we always spend more when I go there, haha!), so I knew that getting him out of the house without me would be tricky without getting him suspicious.  So, I asked Kevin from church to help.  He took Sean to visit less active members in our ward.  In the morning, Sean had looked at the online banking and was questioning the charges at Party City and Costco... It was so hard not to tell him what the purchases were really for!  

The boys and I left shortly before Kevin picked Sean up, and we got the balloons I had ordered earlier in the week, and Aubrey and her family came over and helped decorate.  Jennie and her family joined a little later, and we all waited in anticipation for Sean to come home!  They finally pulled up and we were all ready with our party poppers for when he came in!  

The kids all had a blast playing together and us adults enjoyed one anothers' company.  Good times, good memories:)

Sean's Completely Surprised!

Kiddos Eating

Hanging Out

The Babies!!!  Matthan and Owen

Aubrey and Matthan






No comments:

Post a Comment