Saturday, April 28, 2012

And... We Are Moving

I remember  when Owen was five days old I was sitting in bed nursing him and Sean asked me how I felt about moving to Connecticut... I remember bursting into tears.  A couple of months later, he asked me again and expressed how much he would like to participate at his company's National Office-with the groups he is interested in being in San Francisco or Wilton, Connecticut - and starting this summer.  I was in denial for awhile and tried not to think about it.

Well, here we are at the end of April...  Sean spent three days last week in Connecticut doing interviews with different groups within National Office and he found out yesterday that he was accepted into his top two choices of groups!  Great news, but makes it SO. REAL.  Time for me to stop denying that this is happening and trying to accept [and be happy about] it.

It is really hard because I absolutely LOVE our home, neighborhood, and have made some awesome friends who are also stay-at-home moms.  I know that I will meet other friends in CT, but it won't be the same.   Also, we are so close to my family right now - it will be weird not seeing them every week.  I know that I have been spoiled by living so close to them for so long, but I enjoy it:)  And it is really weird to think about someone else living in my beloved home!  I am praying and hoping that we find someone that will care for it as much as we do and that they will take good care of it for us while we are away. I also hope that we are able to find a nice place to call 'home' in Connecticut.  It is hard trying to find a home in a different state that you don't know anything about!  I have contacted a Realtor up there, and we are relying heavily on their input as well as Sean's knowledge about the area (he lived in CT before he met me).

We are planning on take a trip to Connecticut in early June; and move there sometime during the last week of June.  That way we can rent out our home starting on July 1st.  Yes, that is Owen's birthday.  Much to my sadness, we won't be here on his special day to celebrate with family, so we will celebrate the week before.

I am really, really trying to be positive about this and be supportive of Sean and his career, but this is really hard.  Each time I really think about it, I almost start crying (as my eyes have watered up while writing this post!).  I know that it is only about 6 hours away (depending on where our 'home' will be), and that we will be able to come back and visit often, but it just won't be the same at all.  And, it is for only two years until we come back home.

Two years. 104 weeks. 730 days.

I can do this.  I can do this.

1 comment:

  1. I understand Connecticut is a beautiful place. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity, and there is so much history in that area. You'll only be about 3 hours from Boston, and close to all the museums and sights in New York City.

    One thing you may want to check out is Springfield, MA. In one city block, they have a science museum, a fine arts museum, and (best of all) the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden. It'll only be 2 hours away from you, and it is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete