- Dave watching the Redskins game in his notorious 'stance'
- Sitting at the kitchen table talking to my mom while she made dinner
- being able to take Owen for a walk around the neighborhood
I then started thinking about the little things that I know I will miss once the boys are older...
- Ben's newborn cry and when he smiles at me
- Owen running around in circles in our room before bed each night
- Ethan trying to sing along with the songs on the radio but not really knowing any of the words
The other day Sean and I were talking about careers and jobs and I had to stop and really think about what I would want to do if I had to go back to work (and had the opportunity to do whatever I wanted to). And I can honestly say I couldn't really think of anything! I LOVE my job as a stay-at-home-mom. I love being home when Ethan gets home from school and helping him with his homework and I love spending my days with Ben and Owen and not sending them off to daycare for someone else to raise them and teach them things. I love teaching Owen new things and being the one that comforts Ben when he is sad. Even when Owen and Ben are crying and Ethan is trying to talk over them - I smile to myself because I know that before I know it, they will be grown and the house will be too quiet and I will miss these crazy, chaotic, fun days:)



No comments:
Post a Comment