Boy oh boy, I haven't been very good at blogging lately! I guess I just figure that I don't have anything big to write about, when actually, I should be writing about big AND little things that are happening! Anyway, here are some things that we have been up to lately...
Ethan turned TEN! Yup, it's hard to believe that my little boy is officially in the double digits. I am still having a hard time believing it - it seems like just a couple of months ago he was starting kindergarten and now he is 10 and in the fourth grade. He had a birthday party at a go-carting place in Brookfield - he had so much fun with his friends! On his actual birthday we decorated his bedroom door with streamers going all across it and stuffed 10 balloons between the streamers and door so that when he opened it in the morning the balloons would fall on him... he was so surprised!! We also did our usual birthday decorating, cake, presents, writing on his bathroom mirror, etc :)
I turned THIRTY! Again, hard to believe that I am 30... oy. I remember being 17 and listening to Tim McGraw's song, 'My Next Thirty Years' thinking, "wow, thirty is so old!" Well, here I am - the big 3-0. I wanted to do something big (like go sky diving) but then chickened out because on the exact day I suggested my brilliant idea to Sean, someone died while sky diving, so that totally crossed that off of my wild and crazy idea. I woke up to our bathroom mirror covered in pictures of me from a baby to now and 30 reasons why Sean loves me - what a surprise!! My mom and dad came from VA the following day and spent a couple of days with us to further celebrate. :)
Sean is scheduled to take the first C.F.A. exam! (C.F.A. stands for - I think - Chartered Financial Analyst). He signed up to take it last year but the exam date was 12/1/12 - 2 weeks before Ben was due, and it was in NYC... so he didn't take it because we were worried I would go into labor during his test. SO, his new test date is in June... Here is to a lot more studying ahead, but I know he can do it!
Owen - still keeping us laughing and on our toes! He is starting to talk even more and doesn't really like how Ben can now crawl over and play with whatever he can reach! He still LOVES Mr. Monkey (aka. "OoOo") and likes to have both of them with him almost all of the time. He always makes sure people take their shoes off as soon as they come in the house, and if you forget, he will be sure to remind you over and over until you take them off:)
Ben - Ben is SO close to walking! He can stand for a really long time without holding onto anything and is so close to taking his first steps, I just know it will happen within the next couple of weeks. We jokingly call him "Chubba" because he eats and eats and eats! He loves to crawl around and be close to everyone.
July: Kingman, July 4th, and Max Turns 2
-
We started off July in the middle of our move from Denver to Kingman. We
had arrived in Utah and planned to spend the holiday there while we waited
for our...
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment