Friday, February 21, 2014

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

So far 2014 has kept us buried under lots and lots of snow.  It seems like as soon as our driveway is clear of snow and ice, it snows again.  And again.  And again.  Right now, we have over 2 feet of snow in our backyard... And that is after it rained all day yesterday and this morning.   I don't think it will snow again for at least a couple of days, as our driveway is still covered in an ice/snow/slush mess - so as soon as that finally clears up, I am confident that Old Man Winter will blow more snow our way.  (I know, I know... I shouldn't complain, as it is because of me that we aren't living in sunny California right now...)

Ethan had SIX days off of school last week because of all of the snow!  So, since we have basically been housebound for the past week, we have had a lot of time for family bonding:)  We did science experiments, made cement stepping stones, painted, played Zip It (Bananagrams for two people-LOVE it!), had an indoor picnic...  I also made homemade pancakes almost every day... and tried a new recipe basically each day to find that 'perfect' recipe!  I can honestly say, that I miss Ethan so much when he is at school!  It was so nice having him with the littles (Owen and Ben) and me.  

Lots of reading, Bananagrams, homemade pancakes (made extra fun with our farm animals pancake molds), playing in the snow


Indoor Picnic... Featuring The Jungle Book

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A blog update! We are buried in snow too. This has been such a brutal winter. We hope to see our cousins soon!

    ReplyDelete