Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ethan's First Day of Kindergarten!!

Yesterday was a big day in our house--it was Ethan's first day of kindergarten!! I can't believe that he is already starting elementary school. He was very nonchalant about this big event... I don't think it was until we were walking up to the school that he started getting a little excited and nervous. But he was a trooper as I took tons of pictures to fully document the day-standing in front of one of the trees so I could take some pictures and then again in front of his classroom before I ushered him in. He did great-his teacher welcomed him and asked him to find his name that was written on a strip of paper. When I said "bye, Ethan!" he just casually looked over his shoulder and said, "bye, Mom!"

I left work early so I was sure to be at his daycare when his bus arrived. We then went to Baskin Robbins to further celebrate this big day! He had his first homework assignment-which he zipped right through, and was even a bit upset that "that's all"?!?! I hope he keeps his excitement and enthusiasm about school and homework throughout the next 12 years (and then at least 4 more for college!)

It was so weird for me taking him to kindergarten in the same school that I went to for Kindergarten through sixth grade. In fact, his classroom is the same one that I had! My little man is growing up... a little too fast in my opinion.

I love you, Ethan, and am so proud of you!!

Ethan right before I woke him up for Kindergarten

Heading Out the Door!


Walking Up to the School...



In Front of Lees Corner Elementary School...


In Front of His Classroom...


Getting Off of the Bus...


Baskin Robbins!!! Yum:)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is in K either! It's crazy how fast they grow up! I've been thinking about you a ton... I hope things are good and that you are doing ok. Lots of love!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete