Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas 2009

This Christmas was the first Christmas without Meg with us on Christmas Eve and on Christmas morning. It was definitely weird without her, but we understood that now that her and Bobby are married, they want to start their own Christmas traditions. It was also the first Christmas morning that Dad didn't come over for Christmas breakfast. That was really weird, too. For as long as I can remember, Dad has come over after we opened all of our presents to enjoy the big breafast Mom makes.

Anyway, Ethan and I slept over Mom and Dave's on Christmas Eve and Ethan wrote Santa a letter and left him a sugar cookie and some carrots for the reindeer. Mom and I stayed up and watched a movie (that I ended up falling asleep during) and then we went to bed. The next morning Ethan woke us all up at 5:30 and we found that Santa came and left us a ton of presents! Meghan and Bobby joined us after we opened presents and ate breakfast. Grandma and Grandpa came over around noon and we all had a big lunch (thanks again, Mom!)and then Meg, Bobby, Ethan and I headed to Aunt Deb and Uncle Bud's house to celebrate with my dad's side of the family, ate more food and enjoyed each other's company.

The next morning, Mom and I went shopping and hit the "after Christmas" sales. It was so great to be just with my mom for a little bit! we definitely found some great sales and had so much fun being together.

Although old traditions were broken and new ones started, it was a great Christmas :)





My wonderful family!
Mom, Dave, Grandma, Grandpa, me, Meg, Bobby, Ethan (and Sadie)





No comments:

Post a Comment