Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another Year is Over

Lately I have been thinking about all that has happened in 2009 and what I hope to accomplish in 2010. I have made 3 New Years Resolutions for this year:
  • Try at least 3 new recipes a month (one new one a week/month, with one week off)
  • Read Book of Mormon by May 1st
  • Go to the temple at least once a month

I think I can do it! :) Last week I made my first new recipe for the month (the first week of January was my one week off). It was Beef Skillet. I didn't add the peppers that the recipe called for, and it turned out to be alright. I don't think I'll make it again (maybe the peppers were a vital ingredient!) but Ethan and I both ate it that night.

A quick update on our New Year so far...

  • January 1st: We went to ICE! at the National Harbor. It was so neat!! There were a bunch of ice sculptures-including a 25 foot angel, a life-size nativity scene, etc., and at the end were slides made out of ice that you could go down. It was a lot of fun, but really cold (9ยบ) inside. (some pictures are below)
  • January 12th: I started my accounting class... ugghh!! Why did I ask to take this class again?! I asked my boss if I could take it because it has been about 4 years since I took it at George Mason and I don't remember hardly anything, and he said the company would pay for it. So, here I am, taking an accounting class and trying my best to stay awake during class and while I study... At least I'm not paying for it :)
  • January 18th: We joined the King family at Cub Run Rec Center to play in their indoor water park. It was so fun! There are two water slides and one of them is a tube-like slide that actually goes outside! After about two hours of fun, we all went to CiCi's for some yummy pizza. What a great day!
Life-size Nativity Scene

25-foot angel

slides made out of ice (on both sides of "castle"

Polar Bear Fishing-one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment