A couple of weeks ago Ethan brought home a note from his teacher in a sealed envelope - when I opened it, I found a letter from the principal, vice principal, and the counselors stating that he was selected to be Student of the Quarter because he was recognized "for showing good character." The school would be hosting an assembly for the kids and asked that the parents come as well. Yesterday was the assembly - it was so hard to not say anything to Ethan while we got ready in the morning! I took him to the bus stop like every normal day and then went back home for a couple minutes and then Sean and I headed to the school.
As Sean and I were sitting in the gym waiting, they announced all of the children that were selected over the loud speaker and asked that they go to the gym. They were lined up outside and all filed in. It was so cute seeing them - they all looked so surprised and slightly confused as to what was going on.
Sean was in charge of the Flip and I was in charge of the camera. They announced each child's name and a little blurb about them. The announcer was talking fast, so Sean and I were both a little caught off guard when she announced Ethan, but Sean was able to capture Ethan at the stage getting his certificate (and TGI Fridays coupon and pencil) and part of the blurb about why he was selected. At the end of the assembly, Ethan stood up and looked behind us and finally saw us! His face lit up and when we reached each other, he said, "how did you know?!" I told him that we were told to keep it a secret.
Ethan showed us where the cafeteria is and the bulletin board that someone had made for the "Students of the Quarter" and then to his classroom.
I am so proud of him!!!
Ethan next to his spotlight on the bulletin board
Some of the wonderful reasons he was chosen:)




No comments:
Post a Comment