Friday, March 18, 2011

Josie vs. Cactus

Last night, Josie's curiosity got the best of her... she was walking along and sniffed a cactus and got pricked by lots of catus needles right below her nose!  Poor dog-she was clearly uncomfortable and kept pawing at her face.  Sean held her while I tried to pull them out with my tweezers - we were able to get some out, but not all of them.  Today I called the vet and told them the situation.  The receptionist was totally stupped - she hadn't heard of that happening so she asked a tech, who said I should bring her in, as the needles could lodge themselves in deeper.  They asked if I could make it in 10 minutes and did comment that I might have to leave her as they were very busy.  So off we went, being totally prepared to sit there for 2+ hours.  Much to my surprise, they brought her back out in less than 15 minutes!  Now Josie girl is back to her happy go-lucky self (albiet, maybe a little less curious).  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment