I am by no means I gardener, even though I would love to learn how to grow vegetables. I have been meaning to buy flowers for along our driveway for a couple of weeks, so today, Ethan and I went to the store and picked some out. We came home and spent the next two hours working side-by-side planting away. (Josie was outside with us enjoying her new bone). It was so awesome working next to Ethan! One of his friends came over to ask if he could play, and Ethan even told him, "I'm planting flowers with my mom" - I felt so honored that he picked planting flowers with me over playing! He did eventually stop for a little bit to play, as his friend stood there and every two minutes would ask how much longer, but it was still nice working away outside while Ethan and his friend played in the driveway and Josie munching away on her bone nearby. We also caught up with some of our neighbors and met more neighbors, too... Have I mentioned that I love our neighborhood?! :)
I can't wait for Sean to come home to see our gardening skills - I think he is going to be impressed! I'm not sure he is going to like the colors that we picked out, though... can you guess what color the flowers are?! PINK! :D Ethan picked out two Marigolds, so there is a little yellow and orange in there, too!
For our first try at planting flowers, I am happy with the results, and if nothing else, Ethan and I had a fantastic time doing it together:)
side note on Josie and her new bone... I think she buried it in our neighbors mulched area of his yard when I wasn't looking! There is no way she could have finished that massive bone and I can't find it anywhere. He came home while we were outside and I told him that I think he now has a dogbone buried in his yard, and he was (thankfully) totally fine with it and actually laughed about it - whew!!!
July: Kingman, July 4th, and Max Turns 2
-
We started off July in the middle of our move from Denver to Kingman. We
had arrived in Utah and planned to spend the holiday there while we waited
for our...
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment