Friday, July 29, 2011

Owen is 4 Weeks Old!!

It's so crazy how fast time is flying by!  The days all seem to be a blur (guess that's from a lack of sleep), but I am so grateful to have Owen in our family.  He is just as cute as can be and I just love him so much!  It's weird to think of what life was like before he was born...  I know that he was meant to be in our family!  Here is a quick recap on what Owen is up to:
  • The longest he has gone between feedings in the middle of the night is 4.5 hours, from the beginning of one feeding to the beginning of the next...  (each feeding takes at least 45 minutes, though)
  • LOVES to be held!
  • If he's crying, bouncing will almost always make him stop (or at least calm down)
  • He snorts:)    (gets this from his Aunt Meg!)
  • Still fits into Newborn clothes
  • likes to look around at everything
  • still curls his little legs up into fetal position... especially if you put him up on your shoulder and he's tired
  • Hardly ever takes a pacifier
  • Likes to be swaddled


Monday was Sean's last day of paternity leave and he left for North Carolina on Tuesday.  It was my first couple of days taking care of the two boys all by myself.  So far so good!  Ethan has been so great throughout the last couple of weeks.  I know these last couple of days have been hard for him, since he didn't have Sean to take him to do different things, but he has been so good for me.  We have our own little routine and he loves being a big brother!  When we take Josie for a walk, he pushes Owen in his stroller (and talks to him!) and I hold Josie's leash... I hope to get Ethan pushing Owen (and him talking and singing to him) on tape, but I doubt Ethan will let me.  Wednesday we attended the End-of-the-Season Swim Team Party; yesterday we battled the incredible heat and humidity for a little bit and went to the pool; and today it was simply too hot outside so we went to the local rec center and Ethan swam in their indoor pool.  Overall, a good week, albiet not getting very much sleep!

Here is a collage of some of my favorite pictures of Owen during his first 4 weeks:



I edited this picture and thought I would add it:)

16 Days Old

No comments:

Post a Comment