On Wednesday we were outside and Ethan was riding around on his Razor Scooter with the other kids while I chatted with the parents. It was then that the parents told us that they have gone on a couple of bike rides in the evenings and saw deer the other night when they went. Ethan was so excited and asked if he could go, too. We told him that he would have to ride a bike in order to go.
Yesterday we went to Target and he picked out a helmet and we came home and I attempted to take the training wheels off of his bike... I was able to get one off but the other was on really tight! So Dave came over and took it off and then took Ethan to the school to try and teach him how to ride. They came home shortly after with the news that Ethan was getting the hang of it, but couldn't quite do it yet. About an hour later, Ethan asked if he could go to some friends' house and I said ok. I called the mom shortly later to make sure he made it safely and she said, "Yup, he rode his bike here." I was so shocked! He must have gotten his bike and decided to try it by himself before he went over and he did it! Unfortunately, no one saw him ride it for the first time, but we are all so excited!
It may sound odd that an (almost) 8 year old is just learning how to ride a two-wheeler, but when we lived in the apartment, we didn't go outside very much because we didn't get home from school/work until 5:30 and then the evenings were busy with dinner, homework, etc.; and the weekends were busy running errands and church.
July: Kingman, July 4th, and Max Turns 2
-
We started off July in the middle of our move from Denver to Kingman. We
had arrived in Utah and planned to spend the holiday there while we waited
for our...
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment