Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm Learning

Over the past 5 weeks I'm learning...
  • ... It's OK for the house to not be spotless...  I'm learning to accept the fact that I cannot clean the whole house at once anymore and to accept cleaning it in small "pieces"  (this is really hard for the perfectionist in me)
  • ... Housework is not going anywhere.... the laundry will still be there tomorrow waiting to be folded, the dishes in the dishwasher will still be there to be put away, the carpet will still be there waiting to be vacuumed...
  • ...how to function on little sleep
  • ... various ways of calming a crying baby that is not hungry nor has a dirty diaper
  • ...It's OK for Ethan to ride his bike around the neighborhood where I can't see him
  • ... enjoy every second when both kids are content, as it can change ina blink of an eye
  • ... Dinner will not always be fancy; nor on the table by 6:15 anymore
  • ... It's OK to ask Sean to help me with housework
  • ... I can do a lot more than I thought possible with one hand holding Owen
  • ... Nursing is hard at first, but gets easier
  • ... enjoy my time with Owen while I nurse him... it is a time that we have just to ourselves that we will never get back
  • ... I really did have a lot of clothes before I was pregnant (and I can't wait to be able to fit into them again!)
  • ... at the end of the day focus on everything I was able to accomplish, not on the things I didn't
  • ... to hear Ethan tell me something that he feels the need to have to tell me as soon as Owen starts screaming (and that absolutely CANNOT wait until after Owen calms down)
  • ... how to cram a travel system sized stroller into the trunk of a Honda Civic (it's harder than it sounds but I think I have finally figured out the exact angle that the stroller needs to go in at and then when I need to turn the stroller so it will fit and the trunk will be able to close)

No comments:

Post a Comment