Monday, August 29, 2011

Ethan's First Day of Second Grade!

Today was Ethan's first day of second grade!  I think this was the first year that I didn't start crying when I sent him off to school.  I think it is because I knew how bored he was here at home.  No matter what I did to try and keep him entertained (take him to Harper's Ferry, Mount Vernon, berry picking, go on bike rides, etc) he was always bored. 

He came into our room at 6:30 already dressed in his clothes for the day.  We did our normal morning routine (breakfast, family scripture study, feed/walk Josie) and at 7 he wanted to go to the bus stop... even though his bus doesn't come until 7:30.  So I was able to stall him a little bit so we didn't head to the bus stop until 7:15.  I was only able to get a picture of his cute face by telling him if I didn't take one now (while we were walking) then I was going to take on at the bus stop in front of everyone.  He was pretty quiet this morning (usually he talks my ear off about anything and everything) - he was probably a little nervous but I'm sure he is doing just great! 

After school we are going to get ice cream... our tradition:)

Walking to the bus stop...

Yay - he let me take a picture of him! :)

Getting on the bus...  (he is at the top of the stairs on the bus)
Home from school!

No comments:

Post a Comment