Monday, June 18, 2012

Trip to Connecticut

Last week we flew up to Connecticut in search of our home for the next two years.  Talk about a stressful whirlwind of a week!  We looked at over 10 houses and none of them felt like 'home' to us.  We did really like one, but the school wasn't that great so we decided not to proceed with it.  It was a little frustrating coming home without signing a lease (especially since the packers are coming in 2 weeks!) but it will all work out somehow:)

Aside from house searching, we found a really fun park in Ridgefield that the kids really enjoyed.  Our Realtor also suggested a Mexican restaurant that was a lot of fun - Ethan and Owen loved the guitar player who came to our table twice and sang to them.

I did take a couple of pictures and I will try and remember to post them later...

2 comments:

  1. I know your frustration! We drove up one weekend to this area and looked at several places. None of them worked. Then that next week, I saw a place come up on the market and had to quickly tell her we wanted it. So....we drove up here again (with less than a week before the movers came) and signed the lease that day. Talk about stressful. Good luck with your move! I know you will find a good place for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you move? I'll be visiting Virginia July 6-8. Will you still be there?

    ReplyDelete