Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trip to VA!

Since Ethan didn't have school on Friday or Monday, we decided to drive down to VA for the long weekend.  It was absolutely fantastic to be back and see friends and family!  And how I miss the roads there!  They were all smooth and nicely paved and more than one lane going each way.  (Don't get me wrong, the winding, two lane roads here in CT are beautiful with the changing leaves, but it sure would be nice if they were repaved and expanded).

On Friday I was able to hang out with my friends - it was so good to see them again and it was fun watching our kiddos play together!  I was even able to meet Little Leo, who was born the day before we moved, but was in the NICU so I wasn't able to see him before we left.  

Saturday my sister and Mom hosted a brunch for me to celebrate Baby Boy - it was perfect - very simple and small:)  Again, it was wonderful seeing friends and family there:)  On Sunday we went to the church building to watch the first session of General Conference - I love going to the church building to watch conference.  I know it isn't as cozy as your own living room, but I really feel the Spirit. Great messages - can't wait to get them in the Ensign to study them!

Oh, how I miss Virginia, but I know that there are good things in store for us here in Connecticut:)

Owen with some of his Virginia friends (he was wearing pants-it was just so hot I took them off)
Emery, Owen, Charlotte, and Tori 

Dave and Me for the traditional tummy comparison picture:)
nearly 31 weeks pregnant

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the roads! We lived in upstate New York for a year, and those roads were a killer. :) Especially during the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in VA that weekend too!! If only I had known you would be in town too!! I miss VA as well. I still don't love WA. But I suppose it will grow on my eventually.

    ReplyDelete