So a couple of days ago I figured out how to "tag" posts and I wanted to tag all of my recipe posts, that way I will be able to find all of the new recipes I have tried this year really fast and easily. I realized that I had only posted 7 new recipes and I know I have tried more than that this year! So I went through my recipe book (that has tons of post-its sticking out everywhere!) and figured out which ones hadn't made it to the blog. So here they are (in addtion to the one I tried tonight)...
Carrot Chicken Pilaf (what I made tonight)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cubed
1/4 cup butter
1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
5 medium carrots, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
4 cups chicken broth (2 cans)
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Remove and keep warm. Add the rice, carrots, onion, mushrooms, and red pepper to the skillet. Cook and stir until rice is browned. Stir in broth and put chicken back into skillet with mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in parsley. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
**This recipe was OK. I didn't make it with the red pepper or onion-I will try it with the pepper and onion next time, as it was very plain.
Bow Tie Beef Skillet
I made this around the beginning of the year and I don't see it on my blog... maybe because it didn't turn out good-I have a big sad face next to it in my recipe book! I won't bother typing out the recipe, since clearly it isn't a keeper..
Chicken Ritz (good!)
2 cooked chicken breasts, cut (can have 4, I used 2)
6 oz. egg noodles, cooked according to directions
1/2 lb Velveeta
4 tbsp. butter, divided
1 cup milk
32 Ritz crackers (1 pack)
Place cooked noodles and chicken in 9x9 pan (or 9x13, whichever you have). Preheat oven to 350º. Combine cheese, 2 tbsp. butter, and milk and melt together in microwave, stirring every so often. Pour over noodles and chicken. Crumble the crackers and mix with the other 2 tbsp. of melted butter. Spread over top and cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for 10 more minutes.
Teriyaki Chicken (good! Perfect for Sundays)
1/2 sugar
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup Pineapple juice
1 cup water
a few sprinkles of Garlic Salt
A few sprinkes of Ginger
2 lb. Chicken
Mix all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook for 4 hours, shred, and serve with rice.
July: Kingman, July 4th, and Max Turns 2
-
We started off July in the middle of our move from Denver to Kingman. We
had arrived in Utah and planned to spend the holiday there while we waited
for our...
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment