Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 4th, 2010 & Sean's Proposal!

This year our 4th of July started just as any other one would... we went to Mom and Dave's house of course!  Our old nieghbors, Keith and Laura came, as well as Annie, Amanda, Cherie, Meg, Bobby, and Sean.  We played games in the field in front of their house (Washers and Cornhole) where Annie learned her hidden skills at Cornhole!  Afterwards, we went into the backyard and had a yummy BBQ; followed by a hysterical game of Catch Phrase ("reality, reality.. you know-reality!") between the ladies while the guys watched.  As it started to get dark, we all moved back into the front and Dave proceeded to light all of the fireworks he bought-with Ethan and Ryan being our designated firefighters.  Shortly after we ran out of our own fireworks, the ones from the nearby country club started.  They were so pretty!  They had some new ones this year, which were really neat to see.  It never ceases to amaze me at how pretty fireworks can be!

By the time the show was over, it was nearly 10PM, so Meg, Bobby, Cherie, Annie, and Amanda all went home.  I went inside to start gathering our things while Mom, Dave, Keith, Laura, and Ethan went out back to show Ethan the new lights that Mom and Dave hung up in the backyard.  While I was trying to get all of our stuff packed up, Sean told me he wanted to show me something.  I remember him being pretty insistent that he show me...  So we got in his car where he drove me to my old elementary school.  When we got there, there were a lot of people in the parking lot, apparently they watched the country club's fireworks there.  So we went back to my parents house-all the while I was asking what he was doing and that we needed to get Ethan home and into bed.  We ended up sitting on the curb in front of my parents house and he pulled out a little box that he made for me.  On the top it says "How Do I Love Thee..." and inside were 40 hearts, each with reason why he loves me written on them.  He then handed me 10, and told me that he wanted me to read them first.  So I went through them, and the last one said, "Because you said yes" - he then got on his knee, pulled out a ring, and asked if I would marry him!  I was in total shock!  I couldn't believe it. 

The ring is beautiful!  A couple months ago we went looking at rings so Sean could get an idea of what I like.  We also looked online and found one that was really cool looking from the side (we learned it is called a "trellis").  I liked how it was different than the sides of all of the other rings that we saw and how it was just really different... We showed it to the Jared's employee who was helping us (Deeno) and he stated that it is hard to make with the size of the center diamond Sean was thinking about (he never did tell me-he had me turn around when he whispered it to Deeno!) and that it would have to be custom made because they didn't have any like that in the store.  I didn't really think much more about the "trellis" sides, but Sean and his new best friend, Deeno, were able to custom make it just for me!  Everyone is always commenting on how pretty the ring is-Sean definitely did a great job:)


Sean and I are engaged!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like a great guy. I'm excited for all the pictures to come! ;)

    ReplyDelete