Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wedding and House Update!

Wedding Update
I can't believe it's next week!  The time has gone by so fast!  We have all of the vendors lined up, wedding dress is done (5 fittings later it successfully has capped sleeves and a modest back), place card settings done...  Now all we need to do is to make the programs, slideshow, finalize timeline and send out to bridal party and vendors, make table numbers, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.  Considering we have done all of this in three and a half months, I think we've done a good job!

We decided to have the sealing on Thursday, followed by a dinner with the sealing attendees, and then the ring exchange ceremony and reception dinner on Friday. 

House Update
A couple of weeks ago, we put an offer on a house - we low-balled it, and they didn't accept our offer... they accepted the other couple's.  We were bummed, but continued our search for a place to call ours.  Last week (Wednesday) a house dropped in price into our price range - I saw it, called Sean (who is back in North Carolina) and emailed our realtor, Jason.  Jason immediately contacted the realtor of this house and was told that there was already an offer on it, but they would consider ours if we quickly put one together.  The following day, Mom and I met Jason at the house after a dress fitting, and we loved it!  I called Sean on our way home and told him that I was in love with it.  As soon as we hung up, Jason called me and said that he just got off of the phone with the other realtor and was told that another offer was put on the house, so if we wanted to put our offer on it, we needed to do it the next day (Friday).  That night, Sean and I talked about it and we decided to put an offer on it, too.

Friday morning we found out that the other two offers were rejected, but there was another couple that lived out of town that were getting their paperwork together to put an offer on it.  We put our offer together and submitted it.  Yup, Sean put an offer on a house he never saw in person-just through the seven pictures that are online!  He must really love me;)  That evening, Jason called to tell us that the offer was submitted, and as he was telling Sean this, he said that he just received an email from the realtor of the first house that we put an offer on, stating that the other offer fell through and that we were at the top of the list for the house!  So essentially, we had to decide which house we wanted more.  We couldn't believe it!  Although the first house had a fourth bedroom in the basement that could have been made into the office/scrapbook room, we decided on the second one that we found.  I love the neighborhood and it is completely move-in ready (and already has all of the wooden blinds, corian counter tops, hardwood floors, it even has pillars in front that Sean said he wanted to have when we first started house-hunting!).

Saturday morning I was getting ready to meet Amanda and Jill at Meg's house for our spa day (since I don't drink, they took me to a spa for the afternoon as my bachelorette party!), I quickly looked online to see if the house was still listed as available.  I noticed that it said that it was off of the market, effective Saturday's date.  I texted Sean asking him if he had heard from Jason and if our offer was accepted.  When I got to Meg's Sean called and told me the fantastic news that they accepted our offer!  Yahoo!

Our only concern was the financing, as the bank is one that Sean's company audits, so we weren't sure if there were going to be any implications with that... we found out yesterday that there aren't, so we are good to go!  We are so excited to have our very own "Prince Palace" and a fantastic home in a great neighborhood! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful!! Do you need moving boxes? I can start collecting the Office Depot boxes when we get office supplies.

    ReplyDelete