Ethan woke up this morning still feeling sick and having a temperature-I knew that his school would take one look at him and call me to pick him up. So we went to my work so I could get my laptop and some things I could work on from home. Ethan was a very good patient-he laid quietly on the couch watching cartoons, drank whenever I reminded him and ate a little bit. I was able to get a lot done for work (it's amazing how much can get done without interruptions!) - even though my laptop kept getting disconnected from the internet.
Since I was home, I was able to start cooking dinner early and even decided to try another new recipe. I haven't tried a new one in the last couple of weeks, so it was time to pull out the cook book and pick one out that I already had the ingredients for. And the lucky winner was... Creamed turkey on mashed potatoes. (Ok, so I didn't have turkey, I used chicken instead).
So here it is:
Creamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper (I just used regular pepper)
2 cups milk
2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast (I used chicken)
1 cup forzen mixed veggies
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey (chicken) and veggies; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve over mashed potatoes.
I don't know if it was my alternatives that I used or just the recipe itself, but it wasn't the best. I'll probably keep it and make it again in the future because it was incredibly easy and quick to make and it was OK, but definitely not one of my favorites.
Let's hope Ethan will be feeling better tomorrow!
July: Kingman, July 4th, and Max Turns 2
-
We started off July in the middle of our move from Denver to Kingman. We
had arrived in Utah and planned to spend the holiday there while we waited
for our...
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment