Yesterday after work I went to go visit my grandpa. He's been in the hospital for three weeks and yesterday was the first time I've seen him since his birthday (in February). It's definitely not because I haven't wanted to see him, my parents just didn't think he wanted people to see him in the hospital. My uncle came into town to help my grandma out and to take care of some things. On Thursday he came and visited me at work and so he could get a tour of Greenspring. He encouraged me to visit Grandpa - he wanted to see my thoughts on what level of care he would need once he is discharged from the hospital since I work with these situations every day.
On my way to the hospital, I stopped off at McDonald's (Grandpa would always go there and get coffee, so I thought he would like some food and a little break from the hospital food!). When I walked into the wing he is in, the nurses were happy to see that I was bringing him food since he hasn't been eating much. At first, he was a little embarrassed for me to see him there and then a little mad at himself for letting him get in the situation that caused him to be there, but I told him that I just wanted to have dinner with him and then he was fine. I sat with him on his bed and spread all of our yummy McDonald's food out on his little tray table. He ate some fries and drank ALL of his Coke! The nurses, his aide, AND his doctor all came in during our dinner and commented on how happy they were to see him eat:) (he definitely has lost a lot of weight).
About 20 minutes later my uncle joined us. He encouraged Grandpa to eat the cheeseburger-which he insisted that he couldn't eat. I told him I would eat half, and I broke it in half, told Grandpa I gave him the smaller half (but not to tell Uncle Donny! - which made him chuckle) - and he ate a bite of it! This is big news! We stayed until visiting hours were over at 8. Although it was hard to see him like that, I'm really glad that I went and I think Grandpa was glad that I came, too.
Please keep him in your prayers!
July: Kingman, July 4th, and Max Turns 2
-
We started off July in the middle of our move from Denver to Kingman. We
had arrived in Utah and planned to spend the holiday there while we waited
for our...
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment