Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Chart That is Saving My Sanity

Every morning I have to ask Ethan over and over to do get dressed, eat breakfast, etc.  It drives me crazy and I feel like a parrot... But not anymore!!

The other night, I made a quick "To Do Chart" on the computer for the five main things Ethan needs to do every morning (get dressed, make bed, eat breafast, brush teeth, fix hair) and taped it on the refridgerator.  It has one column for things that are not done and another for things that are done, with magnets to move when he is done.  Yesterday was the first morning with it and what a difference!  I didn't have to ask him once to do any of those things!  He went straight to his To Do List and moved the magnet when he was done, and went down the list.  Not only was it a calmer morning, but it also saved us so much time!  We were able to take our time with Family Scripture Study and not be in such a rush.  This morning was day #2 and it was the same as yesterday:)

Why didn't I think of making this sooner?!

No comments:

Post a Comment