Tonight I spent some time on youtube (I didn't know there were church videos on there!). If you haven't seen them, you should take some time and watch them-they are amazing. Below are some of my favorites that I found in no particular order: PS. "Create" is now my excuse for being a craft nerd!!:)
"What Matters Most"
"Create" by President Uchtdorf
"Infinite Power of Hope"
"Lifting Burdens: The Power Atonement of Jesus Christ"
"Come What May and Love It"
"Prayer"
Things that I need to remember (and that I was reminded of tonight while watching these videos):
- Through Heavenly Father, our power to carry burdens can be increased more than enough
- We see ourselves in terms of day to day, our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever
- Heavenly Father sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming
- He hears the pleadings of my heart
- I always need to trust in the Lord (even when I don't understand His reasoning)
- "...as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day." Alma 38:5
- Everyday, ask: Have I seen the hand of God reach out and touch me today?"
- Be an instrument in the Lord's hands every day.
- "...Let your heart not be troubled." John 14:27
- "... be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you." D & C 61:36 (also see D & C 68:6, 78:18)
- "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and enduring to the end, behold, thus saith the father: ye shall have eternal life." 2 Ne 31:20
- “I am not saying you shouldn’t be very careful about something as significant and serious as marriage. … Yes, there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts... Don’t give in. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. He wants everyone to be miserable like unto himself. Face your doubts. Master your fears. ‘Cast not away therefore your confidence.’ Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you.” Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence,” Brigham Young University devotional address, March 2, 1999. Even though Elder Holland is talking about marriage in this quote, I need to remember his message that whenever I have made a good decision (especially big ones), there will always be tempation to not go through with it.
A couple years ago I started a separate journal-one in which I wrote my testimony in-I would write in it on the first Sunday of the month (fast and testimony meeting days). I only did it a couple of times before life got in the way and I would remember as I was falling asleep and have full intentions of doing it first thing in the morning. I am going to challenge myself to start it again (I know exactly where it is, so I can't even say that it is lost as an excuse!) - and write my testimony in it every fast and testimony Sunday.
The past year has been an interesting one in my life-one filled with incredible happiness, some sadness, excitement, and new opportunities. I'm so grateful that I have the gospel in my life - I can't imagine my life without it, especially over the last 12 months.



No comments:
Post a Comment