I have always wanted to learn to sew, so last Saturday, I took a beginners sewing class at a local craft store. It was fun to learn and meet people with similar interests (some of the other girls there crochet, too, so that was fun talking about different patterns, etc). On Sunday, Mom gave me a sewing machine that she found in the basement.
A couple of months ago, I found a pattern to make an Infant Car Seat Canopy and I kept it as "Favorite" hoping that one day I would be able to make one. Well, the instructions looked easy enough even for a newbie like me, so I decided to try it out and make one for a friend in the ward who is having a baby girl any day. I went to the fabric store and picked out really cute fabric and yesterday I sat down to begin my first sewing project. Although it is far from perfect, I am happy with the end results... and like my mom always says - the mistakes make it unique and give it character:)
Here is a picture of what I made:
So I don't have a carseat yet, so I put it over a baby swing, but you still get the idea:) Not too bad for my first sewing project - hope my friend likes it!
July: Kingman, July 4th, and Max Turns 2
-
We started off July in the middle of our move from Denver to Kingman. We
had arrived in Utah and planned to spend the holiday there while we waited
for our...
9 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment