Sunday, September 26, 2010

Why I NEED a big Dog

I woke up to someone knocking on my door - the first thought I had was that it was Sean coming over to go to church and that I slept in late, so I climbed out of bed and while I was stumbling to the door, I saw the clock and it said that was a little after 3AM!  The people were still knocking on my door (alternating between knocking and using the knocker - no breaks in between).  I looked out of my tiny peep-hole and it was 2 guys that I have never seen before.  I immediately woke completely up -they then tried the door knob and kept knocking and knocking - I called my parents crying and shaking - they told me to call the police and that they were on their way over.  I've never called 911 before, but the operator was nice:)  I think the guys heard me on the phone (I accidentally hit the mute button when I was dialing because at first the operator couldn't hear anything, so I was talking really loud until I realized it was on mute-whoops), because they left.  My parents came over about 2 minutes after they left so the operator let me hang up.  Then the guys came back and continued knocking!  Dave yelled at them through the closed door and after a minute or two they left again (we looked outside and they were talking to-I'm assuming their friends-in a car that was in the alley behind my apartment).  Of course, they left within less than a minute of the police coming!  We gave them a description of what they looked like and stuff...  Ethan woke up when the police came, but I'm grateful that he slept through everything else (although he did ask A LOT of questions about it this morning). 

And THIS is why I NEED (it's no longer a "want") a BIG dog!!  (And why I look forward to moving..)

1 comment:

  1. Ah! That is scary. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I was in bed and I heard someone knock at the door and immediately a voice told me "do not answer that door." So I lay in bed, frozen, really scared. They went away and I had no idea who it was, but it really scared me. I, too, decided we need a dog!

    Glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete